Eligibility Guidelines for getting HELPP (Please read this document before applying)
HELPP, Inc is a 501(c)3 organization with a very specific mission. Our primary focus is to help those having to travel to specialized medical facilities.
The parent or guardian should be listed as Recipient for children under the age of 21 with the child’s name and medical condition in the comments.
HELPP reserves the right to approve, deny or limit any request for any reason.
HELPP reserves the right to require proof of appointment at a certified medical facility.
HELPP is not a lifetime solution with unlimited funds. We may limit the total dollar amount given to any individual/family.
Qualifications necessary to be considered for HELPP:
- The recipient must live and/or work within the Warroad School District #690.
- The situation must create a financial burden for the recipient.
- Qualifying situations are: (at least one must apply to be eligible)
- The recipient has a serious medical issue requiring trips to a specialized medical facility for appointments.
- The recipient has recurring medical travel for treatments resulting from a serious medical issue such as cancer, heart attack, etc.
- The recipient has suffered severe injury from an accident, resulting in substantial loss of income.
- The recipient has suffered substantial loss due to a house fire.
The following are not within the scope of our mission and therefore are not eligible for HELPP:
- Travel for elective or cosmetic procedures unless a part of a larger medical issue (breast cancer reconstruction, severe accident disfigurement reconstruction, …)
- Travel to care for anyone other than your spouse or your minor child.
- Funeral travel.
- Travel to local emergency rooms unless it leads to being transferred to a larger medical facility.
- Travel to pick up prescriptions or for dental procedures
- Difficulties resulting from job loss.
- Day to day living expenses (heat, food, rent, electricity, …) for any reason. These requests will be denied.
- All disbursements will be in the form of gas/gift cards. We do not distribute cash.
- The gift cards used for each distribution will be at the discretion of HELPP, Inc.
- Photo ID, name, phone number and signature of the person picking up the gift cards/certificates may be required before release.
- Disbursements will only be made directly to a qualified recipient. HELPP, Inc. does not donate to any fundraisers, organizations or causes.
If you feel you’re eligible to receive HELPP, please apply online at www.helppwarroad.com
BY CHECKING THE BOX BELOW, YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS ABOVE.